Wednesday, January 14, 2009

First Day of Preschool!!!


Jacob just started Preschool! Last week I got a call from one of his teachers saying they had an open spot!! This opening could not have come at a better time for me! It is so fun to pick him up and see this adorable HAPPY little face run to me and give me a big hug. His teacher told me he follows directions like a pro and is getting along well with the other kids. Tess and I are enjoying our "girl-talk" time while Jake is away! (Note Jacob's sleeves! He puts on his own coat and insists on doing it this way....so his sleeves don't get all bunched up! Dan is a bit worried and tries to convince him not to pull his shirt sleeves through so much! I just think it is cute!)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

How fun, and what a blessing! The sleeves crack me up. Isn't it funny the things that kids insist on?

Lin Ryals said...

How exciting!! We can't afford preschool so I'm doing it at home. It's amazing how much better kids behave when they have something like that going on, huh? Collin has been awesome since we've started this. =D

Tell Dan not to worry so much about the sleeves. I hate the bunched up feeling and still do that. LOL!! True, I try to shove my sleeves back up so it doesn't look so funny but I'd rather they look funny then that bunched up feeling. hehe! So... Jacob and I will be weird together. ;)

tylerandmommy said...

YAY Jake! He was so ready for school..he is such a big boy. I love the sleeves too! We should do a girl time some day while he is gone. (Yeah I know Tyler is not a girl, but you know..) Cute pic!

Mamafamilias said...

Yes, yes. Preschool is a wonderful invention. I remember those days well.

Kelly said...

tell daniel the whole "sleeves showing under the jacket" thing is in style now! they even make jackets with shorter sleeves, just to create that look! glad he enjoys school, and that you and tess get girl time!

Marianne said...

SO cute beck. He totally looks like you in that picture! I'm sure you are loving the one on one time you get now. Hope we can come visit some day:)

Anie said...

This is such a CUTE picture!!!!! That's awesome that you and Tess have some alone time now! It's probably a nice break for you too! :) I bet Jake is totally LOVING going to preschool!! We need to hang out SOON!!!