Wednesday, February 11, 2009

April 2009!

Some of you may be wondering why it took me to the age of 28 to finish my BACHELORS degree?!

Well, let me explain. Cliff notes version:

I met Dan, who was finishing his MASTERS degree in the middle of my second year at BYU. When I told my mom I was dating Dan, who happened to be several years older than me, she had some concerns! One of which was that I would never finish my degree. She thought I'd get married, move away and have a family (just like her:) without completing my degree! Well, Mom was right! Except.....

After EIGHT YEARS and lots of craziness I have a Bachelors of Science in Marriage, Family, and Human Development. The best part is that I get to "walk" with my sister Liz and my MOM in April. They are graduating in MFHD as well so we truly will be walking together! So, be on the look out for more details on my fabulous sister and amazing mother, pictures, and the run down on a HUGE party in Provo!

7 comments:

tylerandmommy said...

What about a HUGE party in Maryland?? That will be so fun to walk with your Mom and your sister. I didn't walk when I graduated (I tried not to in High School either but my mom made me), but I definitely would have if family was there too. How funny is it that you all are doing the same degree?

Unknown said...

That really is so exciting! I'm just excited for you that you finished. Who cares how long it took? ;)

Emily said...

congrats! your degree should come with extra points for finishing with two kids and living a coast away.

ps - don't be alarmed. i'm totally a blog-stalker :)

Mamafamilias said...

Ditto on the "...you finished, who cares how long it took" I wish I could be there to see you all in person. I'm proud of your mom, too. I wish I had done that. I would love to be walking across the stage with Kelly this spring.

Dot said...

Becky! That is soooo wonderful! Reading about you, your sister and your mom brought tears to my eyes! (What a great support group you have been/are for each other, I am sure!) Education is so important...you are setting a great example for your children. You can do hard things...and they will, too! :) Congratulations! You are super!!!

Karen said...

Congratulations, Becky! That is a fantastic accomplishment, especially with everything else you have going on in your life :o) I agree with Candis, I think we should have a party here for you!!!

Jue said...

CONGRATULATIONS!
finishing degree with your two little kids must be SO hard!
anyway, I'm Glad you did it!
that is better than never.
You are GREAT!