Monday, December 26, 2011

Number FOUR

I am pregnant!

I have never been so sick! (It hit really early this time, 5 weeks) I lost 15lbs. before I started to gain it back.  Dan and I decided we needed to tell the kids when I was about 8 weeks so they would understand why I couldn't do much and was missing church.  We told them we needed to keep this our secret for awhile. Dan and I fully expected that Tess wouldn't be able to keep this secret for long. It is just to exciting. I am proud to say, she kept our secret! Well in her own way...

The next day Tess came out of of preschool so proud of herself for keeping our secret. She explained, "Don't worry Mom, I told them you had something in your belly but I didn't tell them what it was!!!"

Tess's primary teacher came to me several weeks ago and told me this funny story... The lesson that week was on fasting. Candis, the teacher, explained that mommy's who are pregnant can't fast because they need to eat for the baby. At that Tess's arm shot up in the air, she was grinning from ear to ear. When Candis called on her Tess immediately turned bright red, her happy face changed to an AH-OH face, and she quickly responded "I Love my Mommy!" Candis put two and two together and congratulated me.

Tess prays every night that the baby will be a boy so Jake can have a brother- but she doesn't feel that way herself. Tonight in her prayers she asked that Heavenly Father send us a boy, "even though she doesn't want one". What a good girl!

I am 13 weeks. Just this week my belly has popped out, I look pregnant!
 Despite all the sickness, I am, WE are very excited!

5 comments:

Dan and Bec said...

What????? You're pregnant! Why am I always the last person to know?
Dan

Summer said...

Woo hoo, exciting news! Let's hope there are no visits to the dentist this go around ;-)

Amy McArthur said...

Oh my heck!!! First of all, congratulations!!!!! Second of all I nearly died laughing when I read that Tess didn't tell them what was in your tummy. And then again, with the primary story. Too funny. Wish I lived near so I could help you out.

Anie said...

YAAAAAAAAY!!!!!! SOOOOO EXCITING!!!! Thanks for sharing! Tess's excitement is adorable! I sure miss that girl. Well, we miss all you guys! Hope things start getting better now that you're in your 2nd trimester. Are you already feeling a bit better? I wish that we lived close so we could have your kids come over and play all those mornings and afternoons you aren't feeling good. Living closer never did work out for us though- did it??! Maybe some day!! :) Best of luck this pregnancy! You'll be in our thoughts and prayers. Can't wait to hear what you're having- it'll be exciting either way, but a brother for Jake would be fun (that was so sweet of Tess). So when is your due date?? Keep me posted on how things are going. Miss you tons!!

Shellie said...

Congrats! So happy for you guys! And so proud of Tess- that's so cute! I hope you're feeling better soon and look forward to the newest Barnhurst. :)