Saturday, January 14, 2012

Little Gymnast

When given the choice to dance or do gymnastics Tess chose gymnastics. We signed her up at Hill's Gymnastics to be in the same class as her friend Cole. The first two weeks Tess had a hard time during class. She would get upset because she didn't understand or know what to do. Cole was such a sweet heart and hugged and encouraged her. Tess and I went to Hill's this past week for an open gym hour so I could help her (since parents are banished behind the big windows). I wanted her to just go and have fun. Mission accomplished-- WE had a blast together. We stretched, walked on the balance beams, jumped on the trampolines, jumped on the bouncy floors and spring boards, flipped on the bars, and played in the styrofoam pit. Today's class went sooo much better (she fought back tears once but did great the rest of the time).  
Cole hugging on Tess as they walked together 

Right before leaving the house this morning I found my old competition leotard from when I was a gymnast. Much to my surprise it fit Tess!  Here is Tess giving coach Edward a high five after doing some tricks on the tramp!



She stayed in my leotard all day today!

2 comments:

Marianne said...

What a cute girl. Congrats friend on the pregnancy...I hope you start feeling better soon. You are a trooper.... Wish we were planning another trip to DC to come and see you guys!

Celeste@MomBodFitness said...

Congrats with expecting!! I'm feeling a little behind now, ha ha! Glad you are starting to feel better and that your sweet kids are helping out so much!