Monday, October 15, 2012

A Reminder

Recently Dan's work load has been extremely heavy and we haven't seen much of him. He left after church yesterday to head to Washington for a week, he'll come home for a week and then go again for another week to Florida for the big hearing he has been preparing for. I don't envy his work load or stress level right now.

So, as I was feeling run down and frustrated with my day yesterday I was reminded of how very blessed I am.  After church Tess, Abby and I made cookies to take to the Warners. It was a beautiful day so we decided to walk. Jake rode his bike and Tess ran the entire way there while I pushed Abby and Clara in the stroller.  When we returned back home I stopped to say hi to a neighbor. As we talked she commented on how much she loves seeing us out doing things/playing as a family. After talking for awhile she told me she is getting a divorce.  My heart immediately hurt for her and her two adorable young girls. That night as I  made dinner for my kids I thought about just how grateful I am for my FAMILY.   I needed to be reminded of just how lucky I am to be the tired mom of these cute kids and have a loving spouse to parent right along side me.





1 comment:

Chaoyi said...

I miss your family, and Clara is surely cute!! Your kids all have such beautiful smiles!!!