Friday, November 9, 2012

Cheering On Abby


Recently Dan was talking to Abby after she had done some time in "time-out". Their conversation ended like this:
Dan: Abby do you know how special you are? I saw you trying so hard today to ride your bike. You did such a good job.
Abby: Daddy, I just want people to say "yea" for me!

Dan told me this very sincere and sad comment from Abby. It touched both our hearts and was a needed reminder to give Abby more praise and affection.

So later that night Dan had the great idea to tell Abby that if she could be really reverent during family prayer we would all give her a big cheer afterwards. She was as reverent and quiet as a mouse! After the prayer we all cheered for her and her face lit up with the biggest grin I've ever seen on that adorable little girl. Then Dan continued with their bedtime routine and was reading Fabelhaven to the kids in the girls room. Abby usually is super noisy and plays all around them rather than listening to the book (she is only 3!). With the incentive of another family cheer she laid quietly in her bed the entire time.

We sure love our energetic Abigail and are trying to give her lots of "yea" cheers these days.

1 comment:

Chaoyi said...

Yea for Abby from me too.
I love her so much!