Tuesday, December 9, 2008

SPLAT!

Upon request, and since it is actually pretty funny, I will share my embarrassing moment with all of you!

So, for Thanksgiving we traveled down to South Carolina to be with family and visit friends. On Sunday we went to our wonderful AIKEN WARD for church. (Our ward recently split and so we timed it just right to see everyone.) While visiting with EVERYONE in the foyer I remembered something I needed to get out of the car to give to a friend. I grabbed Dan's keys and hurried towards the door. WHAM, CRASH, SPLAT...I walked right into the glass door!! I made a surprisingly loud sound for my short little body! I am sure everyone in the building heard (although I think they were ALL eye-witnesses)!!

I made it to the car feeling like I would loose my breakfast at any moment and then I passed out. When I came to I threw up! I thought the huge goose egg on my head was the worst part of the SPLAT but my knuckle on my pointer finger and my thumb win the prize. Luckily no little bones were broken, however it felt like they were for over a week!!!

So, that is the story! When I told one of my sisters she informed me that two people she knew had done the same thing recently....Tis the season to SPLAT into doors I guess.

9 comments:

Jones Family said...

That is both funny and sad at the same time. I am happy to hear nothing was broken. What a nice son you have for being so willing to make you feel all better.

Lin Ryals said...

Wow, girl! I must have already left at that point. I didn't hear anything if it makes you feel better and Paul didnt say anything... since he's there all the time anyways. I hope everything is healing well ;)and I hope that doesn't discourage you from visiting again. =D

The Dragonfly said...

Hee hee. This just put a big smile on my face.

Anonymous said...

Hey girl, I looked for you that sunday, but never saw you. You need to call when you are in town, I always seem to miss you. We stayed home this Thanksgiving.

Kim Breinholt said...

Becky, I'm so sorry! Hope you're completely better soon. I'm glad Jake is taking care of you. Give he and Tess a squeeze for us.

Anie said...

Oh my Gosh!!! Did someone follow you out to the car to catch you as you passed out?? Did you have a MAJOR headache the rest of the day?? I am SO sorry! This is totally something that I would do. At least you can look back and laugh! While embarrassing and painful, it is super funny to hear. Like something that you'd see someone do in a movie!

C Ballard Family said...

Sorry I missed that one! Really you were chasing me because you didn't want me to leave and ...just kidding...hope you are getting better.

Lis said...

wow Becky! Im sorry! that totally stinks! I can say ive done that before though! Dont feel too bad!

Young Family said...

I have to say that I have done that same thing before without the passing out. I am so sorry because it was embarrasing for me and I did not know anyone there. I am sure that you are still giving some people something good to laugh about. Glad that you are ok. Happy Holidays!!