Monday, August 17, 2009

JAKE
Jacob has accomplished ALOT this summer. Not only can my helpful little man vacuum his room, fold and put away his own laundry, and take out the trash he now hefts two gallons of milk up the stairs and put them in the fridge for me! ( picture to come)
He has graduated from his car seat to a booster seat. He thoroughly enjoys his new "adult" seat belt! He also helps Tess get out of her car seat. (picture to come)
He has become more courageous this summer as well. While on our family vacation at Aspen Grove he climbed up a ways on a big ROCK WALL! My cautious little man, NO WAY! Luckily Dan was there and got proof!


At the pool he has conquered the mushroom all by himself! He also puts his head all the way under the water and floats on his own with "noodles".

His latest favorite phrase is "What in the WORLD!!" He talks so frankly about how things will be when the baby comes (he enjoys lecturing Tess) and is determined to help me feed and diaper her. I think he will be a big help and is ready to be the big brother to TWO girls!


TESS
Tess has become quite the imaginative little girl. She tells me long stories about all the mischief her baby and doggy are getting into. In the middle of our conversations she will surprisingly say "but mommy, I love you" and then continue on. She constantly reminds Dan, Jake and I how much she LOVES us!

While on our family vacation, at Aspen Grove, she learned a cute little cheer that she loves to sing over and over. She was put in a group of kids her age called the "STOMPERS". (Super stompers Super stompers, STOMP, STOMP, Goooo Stompers!) Dan has started to have the kids make up songs according to topics he chooses....Tess's always make us laugh!

She is becoming more independent with certain things. She can put on her own seat belt and get out of it (with Jakes help). She has learned to dress herself, though she still wants me to do it for her most of the time.

She is ready to be a big sister! I on the other hand am not ready to see her as "a big girl" which she will suddenly become when I have a newborn in my arms. She is as sweet as ever and I couldn't imagine a day without my HAPPY little red head!

DAN
Is the best Daddy ever and is eager to be the father of THREE! I will be induced on August 27th if she hasn't made her grand entrance by then.

9 comments:

Dan and Bec said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ryan and Heather Moss said...

They are getting so big! We had so much fun getting to see you guys when you came to my mom's & dad's! Emily still talks about when you guys were here.

We can't wait for the newest little girl to get here.

Lis said...

Ive been WONDERING whats up with you guys Becky! Glad to see you got away and had some FUN! You really do have such cute kids! And anytime you guys want to VISIT- we have ROOM!!! Or just move here!!! Then i might have a friend!!! Do i need to start looking at houses?? HMM? jk! I cant wait for you to have your baby! How exciting!!!

The Pickled Red Herring said...

How cute! I can't BELIEVE Jake on that rock wall! AWESOME! I'm so jealous that your two girls will have such a great big brother! I think every girl needs a big brother.

tylerandmommy said...

Even though I have seen them during all this progression, it is fun to read about it. I especially loved seeing some pics from your vacation. I can't believe how different Jake and Tess are since you first moved here. They're so grown up!

Anie said...

I know I've you before, but I'm sure I'll tell you again and again. . . I ADORE your kids!!! I can't wait to meet new baby Barnhurst! And I'm especially excited for Elle to have a little friend! Oh, but you forgot to include an update about YOU here! I thought for SURE you'd include a pic of you lounging my pool RELAXING on your family vacation! :)

Kim Breinholt said...

Awesome pictures Becky. We can't wait for shots of our newest niece--in a matter of DAYS! Love you guys.

Mamafamilias said...

So tell me more about this vacation. It looks BEAUTIFUL. Love the pictures of the kids. Too grownie for words. "We are a happy family" for sure. Would love to see you all. Maybe we can take a quick train trip up there sometime. Love you all.

Celeste@MomBodFitness said...

Hang in there...you're beautiful new girl will be here so soon!! I think its so fun that we both will have a boy and two girls all about the same age. Can't wait to meet the new addition!!