Saturday, March 19, 2011

St. Patrick's Day

Last Saturday I took the kids to their first ever St. Patty's Parade. Dan had to work so it was just the four of us. The kids did great staying right with me, I get a little paranoid about losing them when I'm out in crowds on my own. Tess and I LOVED seeing all the Irish Dance companies. She told me that is what she "hasto do". She has the red curly locks for it! It brought back fun memories of Folk dancing and my Irish dance class at BYU, ah the good'ol dancing days!

St. Patrick's Day started out with Lucky Charms for breakfast and then off to school and party's. Jake was really excited to get to school to see if the traps they had set for the leprechauns had worked. Sadly they didn't but man did those little guys make a mess that he had to help clean up (foot prints). However he came home pretty excited about his "gold" coins.

Tess, Abby, and I headed over to celebrate the day with her preschool friends. Anie planned several fun activities and a festive lunch for the girls. It was a really fun morning.

After picking up Jake from school we headed to the park and stayed for 2 hours enjoying the nice weather. So, my dinner plans had to change. We had a quick green dinner, without the fun Breinholt tradition, and off to bed.

Although I didn't get many pictures of the kids we definitely had fun celebrating St. Patrick's Day this year!

2 comments:

Anie said...

Your crown idea was my favorite activity of the party!! Thanks so much for bringing all that stuff over! Glad you guys had such a fun day! Hope the rest of your weekend was a good one- I'm dying to see your hair tomorrow. Hopefully you got the color you wanted. :) I'm thinking of going back- I feel like mine is too dark!

Amy McArthur said...

That picture with the group of girls in their crowns is priceless. Each one of them has such a unique expression. I love it. I just wish my girls were in it. I wish I would have thought of Lucky Charms for breakfast. So simple. So sweet. So perfect. Next year. Thanks for the idea. When are you guys coming down? We can't wait to see you. Just so you know, you guys are welcome to stay at our house. I know you have family in Columbia but... your van might explode while you're down here or something... and then you would need a place to stay. We have room. So, don't panic. I know you feel relieved now.