Monday, March 26, 2012

The Wedding Day

Saturday, March 10th, was a perfect day for Liz and Kent, or so I thought!

Aimee, Emily and I helped Lizzie get ready Saturday morning. I was on make-up duty, Emily touched up Lizzie's hair, and Aimee did her nails.


She looked gorgeous and was completely excited! Once she left for the temple I quickly finished getting ready and all the kids. The sealing was at 1030 a.m. and we arrived surprisingly on time at 10. It was so fun to see all my Aunts and Uncles! We whispered quietly until the temple worker took us up to the sealing room, which happened to be the same one Dan and I were sealed in. The room was packed so the men had to stand lining the walls. I got to sit directly under one of the mirrors next to Emily and Aimee so we had a clear shot of the bride! The temple president, Pres. Ed Pinegar is an old family friend (Peterson and Breinholt) and was able to perform the sealing. He gave them some wise counsel, had us all chuckling softly, and brought tears as he spoke of those who were present but couldn't be seen. It was such a happy sealing, which fit Liz's personality perfectly.

After the sealing was over I headed back to the brides room to help Liz get into her big dress and touch up make up. When Kent saw her in that dress his reaction was awesome. She looked gorgeous!
Then I headed outside, where the weather was gorgeous. However, my girls were having serious melt downs. And so that ended the happy blissful morning for me. Tess was in a lot of pain and very tired. She lasted through one group picture and was done. She refused to be in any other group shots. Abby followed suit. Even candy couldn't bribe a smile.

I only took a few pictures that day, since my focus needed to shift to my girls. But when I get some of the professional ones I"ll repost a bunch.


We managed to get the girls to sit for one picture with Aunt Liz and Uncle Kent.
 Our most recent family picture.

After the main photo shoot was done we left to get some lunch and head back to Provo to help mom get ready for the reception. After taking an hour and a half to change the kids cloths, eat, and make bathroom stops the kids kids fell asleep within 5 minutes of our drive back. But then Abby started coughing and threw up. No more sleeping.

We made it back to Mom and Dad's with just enough time to change the kids back into their wedding cloths and head to the reception. Good thing my Mom had lots of help from everyone else that day!

The Reception at the Springville Art Museum
Mom catered a light dinner and program before the reception started for those closest to the bride and groom. Mom took care of all the food for this as well as the reception. Emily, Aimee, and Mom made hundreds of cookies ( I made a couple dozen when I got there) at Lizzie's milk and cookies request. And then there was yummy cheesecake from the cheese cake factory. Lizzie really wanted to be able to include everyone and just party! So of course there was music! I had talked up all the fun we would have dancing at the reception for weeks with my kids, we even had rehearsals at home:). The dancing was Jakes favorite part of the day. He rocked out on the dance floor all night long! He got so very sweaty! Tess did the best she could but was ready to go home the moment it all started! And Abby, just ran around the place all night. Dan and I had our hands full just chasing Abby around and trying to keep Tess happy. I, once again, didn't have a chance to take pictures so they will be posted later.

(Dan took this picture of Abby, making faces at him, one of the many times we caught her leaving the museum front doors.)


Liz and Kent stood in a line to greet people and than joined us on the dance floor for about 15 minutes. They cut their cake and were on their merry way. I don't think the day could have been better for Lizzie! 

No comments: