Tuesday, March 27, 2012

And after...

Our Second Week in Utah
Sunday. Because all my siblings were in town Dan and I stayed out in Em and Ben's camping trailer until everyone was gone. Sunday we went to church with Em and Ben and then headed over to Mom and Dad's for dinner and playing with cousins.
(Andrew, Tess, Dan, and Ella)
 (Ken, Evan and Jacob)

(The TWO Abby's. They played great together taking turns tossing and kicking the ball. They were really fun to watch.)





(Bekah swinging Abby)

 (Bekah playing ring-around-rosie with the Abby's. Bekah was so good with those two girls!)

Then the sickness hit.  On our way back to Em and Ben's camper we stopped at a pharmacy for more Benedryl for Abby and when I came out of the store Jake was getting out of the car, crying, and then vomited. His head was pounding. Dan ran back in and got him some Gatorade. I figured Jake was dehydrated from all his hard playing and sweating and hoped this wasn't another flu bug. We gave him some Motrin, a blessing and he went right to sleep. I sat up with Abby who coughed and coughed all night long. 

Monday. Dan left first thing in the morning to go skiing and then stay in SLC for business. He had planned this ski day for weeks and was meeting up with two friends. I didn't want Dan commuting so he got a hotel in SLC. When I went into Emily's house that morning I found out all her kids were sick and staying home from school. Fevers, coughs, runny noses and some vomiting. Jacob was fine, thankfully. So, the kids and I spent as much time out back playing. 

That afternoon I noticed that I was having a lot of braxton hicks. I thought 25 weeks was a bit early but they have come earlier with each pregnancy so I wasn't too concerned. Then they started to hurt. They were full on contractions. We went to bed early that night.  

Ken, Steve, Mom and Dad were all sick. Chuck and Kim planned to stay and skii with their kids Monday and Tuesday. On the last run of the day Monday Bekah fell and broke her wrist. 

Tuesday morning I took Tess to get her hard cast on. She did great. She picked out the color that is sooo Tess. Girl Camo! It is bright and colorful. The cast goes even further up her thigh. (Bathroom trips are tricky.) She and I split a Jamba juice and headed back to Emily's. Tuesday afternoon we all went to a movie at the dollar theater. Note to self, don't take ABBY to a movie any time soon!!! 

Tuesday I monitored my contractions. They were very obvious and painful. At first they just came after I lifted Tess. Then they came with lifting Abby, going up stairs, or just exerting any energy. When I had 5 within an hour I called and spoke with my doctor in Maryland.  Having 5 contractions in an hour is okay but 6 is not. I was told to completely lay on my left side and hydrate. I explained the situation with Tess, how she couldn't put any weight on her leg, needed help up and down, in the bathroom ect. and Dan on business! I was told to do as little as possible. My sister Emily did a lot of lifting Tess after that.

Here are a few pictures from Tuesday and Wednesday playing at Emily and Ben's house:
Jacob loved jumping on the trampoline!
 This is where Tess spent most of her time outside!
 Ella is the sweetest, cutest tom-boy ever! She loves animals and wanted to show me some of their chickens, and they have a ton!
 Ella teaching Jake how to feed the horses.



And that was pretty much the week. The kids and I spent another night in Em and Ben's camper and then joined Dan in SLC for Wednesday night. Friday night Dan finished up in SLC and made it down in time to go to Ruby River with Em, Ben, Aimee, Dad and I.

Saturday morning Dan kept his promise and took the kids on the Rex Lee Run!

Then off to play Put-Put with Aunt Aimee. Dan tried so hard to make the trip fun for the kids when he could. And Aunt Aimee, she brings fun to any situation!!! 





Saturday Dan stayed with Mom and the kids while the rest of us went to see Stephanie's new play. Sunday we went to sacrament meeting and then took the rest of the day just relaxing. I was still have contractions. Monday we packed and then got on our flight that left SLC at 11:59 P.M. We dosed all the kids with dramamine. Jake slept. Tess slept on the floor at Dan and Abby's feet for the entire first flight. Abby wouldn't sleep at all. She threw up and wanted me instead of Dan, who was seated next to her. The last 30 minutes of our second flight into Baltimore she fell asleep on me. We made it home Tuesday morning, March 20th, at about 1:30 P.M. and slept!

And that was our crazy Utah trip. We are happy to be home but really wish the vacation had gone more like we had planned. We had anticipated the trip so much and a lot on our to do list (rock climbing, campfire and s'mores in the canyon, hikes, Park City rides ect.) so it was disappointing that we couldn't do very many of them.  But we were there for Liz and visited with family we love and miss so much. That was what was most important! 

Besides, life is what happens when you are busy planning for it right!

No comments: