Monday, June 25, 2012

So far this Summer...

I have tried to get out of the house with the kids every day before baby #4 comes.  We have spent a lot of time at parks around us, the pool, diary farm and wild life reserve in Middletown, Little Bennett Park, free events around here, and doing fun new crafts/games at home.


 Playing with cousins and eating lots of popcicles!

Smores and a scary story at Little Bennett

We went to a reptile show last week at the Damascus Library. Jacob loved it! It was really long but at the end Jake thanked me for letting us stay the whole time and said it was "So AWESOME!" We saw a huge snapping turtle, crocodile, alligator, and lots of different snakes. The finale was a huge albino jungle python, by the name of "Banana Split", that was 12 feet long! The caretakers let the kids come up and touch it as we exited the room. To my surprise Abby walked right up and touched it without any hesitation. Jacob touched it but Tess stuck with me, it was just too big!!! I took a video of Abby and Jake touching it with my iphone to send to Dan but didn't get any pictures. 


 (That is just the tail that the kids could come up and touch, the snake was HUGE!!!)
(Some of their reactions to the new reptiles coming out of the boxes)




We are all tired of waiting and ready to meet our new baby girl! Abby tries to hold her, my belly, and explains that the baby isn't "shy" anymore so why can't she come out?! Jake prays every night that Dan will be home when I need to go to the hospital. And Tess has asked over and over if she can hold her new sister for as long as she wants to!

She'll be here for sure by this Thursday!!!

2 comments:

Anie said...

FUN FUN!!! BUt now I'm DYING to hear all about your new baby girl! Don't even know what you named her or how labor & delivery went. Post pics soon!!! Not like you're busy or anything! :) THinking of you and hope everything is going well!!

Marianne said...

That snake is crazy big. I was thinking of you the other day when I made rice krispie treats and it made me smile. You are such a great example to me Beck! Hang in there with all the craziness- I'm excited to hear about your newest addition. I can't believe how grown up your kiddos are. Time passes too quickly.