Tuesday, November 25, 2008

BIRTHDAY BOY

Four years ago today I thought Dan and I would be enjoying a peaceful Thanksgiving day watching the parade and enjoying yummy food with family. I thought the “indigestion” I had been feeling was due to the Greek fast food we had eaten the night before!! Nope, Jake was on his way!! The day did not turn out the way I had planned... I still feel a little frustration boil when I think about the doctor relaxing on a chair in our delivery room talking about her Thanksgiving meal while I was pushing for over an hour and a half (help me women!)!!! But finally my little boy was born---four weeks early! I am so grateful for my little turkey!



Jacob has had a fun 4th birthday so far! Due to the craziness of the holiday season we had his birthday party this last weekend. We made gingerbread houses with candy galore, played the M&M game, ate even more sugar with a candle on top, and went on a treasure hunt!! (All the Breinholt-now-Barnhurst traditions!) Jacob and Tess are still on a sugar high!



For his birthday he finally got the water bottle he has been wanting for months and months (how funny is that!) He has loved all of his birthday cards and has thanked me over and over for his special birthday!!

Jacob is such a smart and cute little boy (with his grandpa’s dimpled chin!). His round face is so full of expression when he talks! He loves to help me and make me happy. Jake- I hope you have felt the enormous amount of love we have for you! Happy Birthday little man!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! That stirred up emotions for me!! Kimberly was born on Christmas Eve, and I missed a fabulous family feast....so I know how you feel! :)Happy birthday to Jake!

Sonja said...

I hope you enjoy lots of good food this thanksgiving.
Your family is so cute!

The Dragonfly said...

The gingerbread house party looks like loads of fun. I still remember making houses with your family - good times!

Hold on tight Becky, because you're gonna turn around one day and he'll be eleven!

Happy Thanksgiving!

ps. would love to see what you did for invites.

Paul said...

I can't believe it's been that long. I still think of you guys anytime I watch National Treasure!! =) Happy B-day Jake... Collin misses you!

Anie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAKE!!!!! I LOVE that all he wanted for his birthday was a water bottle! What a GREAT kid! Have a Happy Thanksgiving!! :)

The Pickled Red Herring said...

How sweet! Happy birthday Jake!!! (And wow I can't believe he was 4 weeks early!)

Mamafamilias said...

Happy Birthday Jacob!!! Aunt Kelly says Happy Birthday, too. We're looking forward to seeing a picture of this much-wanted water bottle. It must be a doozie. I'm glad you got it. We love you!

Love,
Aunt Gloria

Marianne said...

Happy Birthday Jacob...maybe one day we will meet you in person:)

C Ballard Family said...

I remember that day too...coming home from my mom's house and I knew your baby boy was born and that you named him Jacob...although somedays Aydan may have been more fitting...it means fiery...Jake came first and the turkey Caleb needed a little more time to cook. Miss you guys!

Rach said...

You are such a good mom--sounds like an awesome b-day party. Hope you guys had a fantastic Thanksgiving!

Kim Breinholt said...

Becky--The last comment was from me. I didn't realize Rachel was logged on!