Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Our New Christmas Tradition



















Christmas in Maryland would not be complete without my two sisters. They flew in Monday the 21st and we had a great time! Here are the highlights:

1. Dan took the kids to Bounce You while my sisters and I went shopping (Anne Taylor we love you!) and spent the evening with good family friends.

2. This year we did gingerbread houses with the Burnetts. Logan and Bella thuroughly enjoyed themselves (but really, what child wouldn't with a table full of candy! ) Bella was the funniest to watch. She ate tons of frosting and enjoyed her "christmas tree cone" before her mom had a chance to decorate it! Jacob and Tess made sure to cover every inch of their houses!

3. Downtown D.C.--the National Aquarium

4. Fondue with the Brewers, we've decided to make fondue a new Christmas Eve tradition! My sister sent us costumes to wear for our Christmas story (made in China). They are AWESOME!

5. Christmas day was fun and relaxing despite my nasty cold and fever! Santa was VERY good to all of us this year! There were lots of hidden gifts, treasure hunts, and string (my favorite this year was the gift taped to our ceiling).

Jacob got a race track from Santa and Tess loves her dog, Brownie, that barks and wags its tail.


6. I couldn't let my nasty cold and fever get in the way of enjoying my sisters so we took off to Gettysburg on Saturday. We stopped first at the visitors center. The best part of this trip has to be Tess and her excitement over the magical flushing toilets! HILARIOUS!! The kids did great while we spent 2 hours driving the battle field.

Notice the t-shirt "Breinholt University" made by
my parents for our reunion this summer!

I loved spending time with my sisters just talking! They were so helpful with Jake, Tess and Abby! We love you, thanks for coming!!

3 comments:

tylerandmommy said...

What fun traditions you guys are making! Someday when we don't have family around to dictate our traditions we will make some of our own as well. I'm glad your sisters were able to come out again...how fun!!

Anie said...

Great pictures- I've been noticing how clear they all are now (yeah for new cameras:)! Looks like you had such a fabulous christmas and lots of fun leading up to the holiday! It was fun to hear about all your traditions- that's my favorite part about Christmas time- all the traditions! Ok- and I've never been to the National Aquarium! Am I missing something? Where is it?? That's fun you were able to enjoy your sisters again this year- I bet it was SUPER nice having all the help!

Oh, and we definitely need to get together to play- SOON! I was sad that I only got to see you for a minute on Sunday- maybe I'll get called into Primary! :) Great job speaking on Sunday btw. You did a really good job. I enjoyed listening from the mother's lounge! :)

Lin Ryals said...

haha! The magical toilets made me laugh. Everytime we go to Wal-mart, Collin has to go to the bathrooms b/c the toilets, sinks, and papertowel dispensers are ALL magic. Kids are too fun!!! =o)