Wednesday, December 9, 2009

November... catching up



My little turkey is 5 (Jake was born on Thanksgiving)! I can't believe it. Just the other night Jake was telling us about how he will need to pack a lunch to take with him next year to kindergarten and my heart began to ache just thinking about not eating lunch with my little man every day! He is getting so big too fast. (He made the mask in the picture at school and was very proud of it!)

Jake had a fun birthday. Dan took off work to spend the day with Jake. They decided to go to the Air and Space Museum (Jacob is very interested in space these days). Dan told him he could bring one friend with him and guess who he picked, his best friend TESS! I love that they love each other so much. At the end of the day Jake told me it was his best birthday ever! (In the picture above we are playing our traditional skittles/M&M game.)

THANKSGIVING was fun and relaxing this year. Thanks family for coming! The kids and I made some silly turkey hats and apple turkeys. We played thankerchief and popcorn pick up and ate lots of dessert (the favorite was Dan's sticky buns, he has turned into quite the baker)!


Abigail is 3 and 1/2 months now. She is becoming more interactive and happier. She is teething and learning to grab onto toys. She has found her voice (the cooing sweet voice) and is always making noise. Nights haven't gotten any better. I keep thinking once I get her through the cold she has or once her two teeth break through the gums I'll let her cry it out but those things are not happening. She is a beautiful baby and we love her. I am excited for her Aunts to meet her in TWO weeks!


My cute kids ready for church


6 comments:

Ryan and Heather Moss said...

So cute! Yeah, I wasn't that good at crying it out-I always felt guilty & ended up going in there.

Emily still talks about Jacob & Tess. That's so sweet that he picked Tess to go with him. They are such sweeties!

Hopefully Miss Abigail will start sleeping a little better soon.

tylerandmommy said...

I LOVE the turkey hats!! Looks like you guys had a great Thanksgiving and Jake had a great birthday. Sometime you're going to have to teach me the skittles/m&ms game.

Mamafamilias said...

I love the going-to-church picture. Glad you had a great Thanksgiving. Happy Late Birthday to Jacob!

Kim Breinholt said...

Dan's been holding out--we need some sticky buns! Glad you had a great holiday.

Anie said...

CUTE pics of your kids!!! I can't believe Abby already has teeth!! CRAZY!

Oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY TODAY!! :)

C Ballard Family said...

I've known you for how long...what the heck is the M&M game?