Thursday, July 15, 2010

Swim Lessons


Jacob and Tess finished their 2 week session of swimming lessons today. After the first few classes I decided to buy them goggles which really helped them feel more confident in the water. They were in the same class and had a great time together.


Last week Tess was very hesitant to join in when the class played games or any of the teachers instructions. I was a bit concerned and frustrated that the teacher wasn't trying to include her. However, Tess turned FOUR this last Sunday and Monday morning she was a completely different swimmer! She played red light green light with the class, blew bubbles, even submerged herself completely under water (wether on purpose or accident is yet to be determined)! When I asked her why she was so brave she said it was because she was FOUR, "three year olds can't do that stuff." Duh, Mommy!


The highlight of each lesson was the "beaver" slide (which Jake conquered on his own). Though I am not entirely happy about the cost of the lessons and instruction given, I am hoping that I can finally wash their hair without all the drama! I loved watching Jacob look out for Tess and truly appreciate what a protective brother he is. Great Job Jake and Tess!

1 comment:

tylerandmommy said...

Aw darn! I am sad you said you weren't pleased with the cost or instruction cause I was gonna ask you where you put them in. I want to put Tyler in lessons, but the ones at our pool look lame for many many reasons and the indoor swim center has no slots for the summer. It's not like we have been to the pool yet anyway. Well I am glad Jake and Tess have seen the light of day and got to do lessons! They look so cute with their goggles!! P.S. Do you have the addy to my NEW blog?