Sunday, July 18, 2010

Tess is FOUR!


My sweet, adorable, red head had a birthday. I can't believe my baby is FOUR! We made her day special (Sunday the 11th) with breakfast in bed and a little party after church with the family and Cara, a close friend of mine from high school. Tess requested Lucky Charms for breakfast and Spaghetti and Meatballs for dinner (just like Lady and the Tramp).

She got princess light up shoes and helped me make a rainbow birthday cake.


Tess is so kind and giving. She wants to make those around her happy and is a great friend to everyone. She told us she wanted two Buzz Lightyear's for her birthday, one for her and one for Jake.

She keeps us entertained and laughing often! For instance, last Monday during FHE she had us ALL laughing to TEARS! Dan and I decided we wanted to teach them about tithing. Dan told them the scripture that starts "Will a man rob god...?" After he was done with the scripture he asked the kids what the first part said? Dan started by saying "Will....a.....man...Rob....." and Tess jumped in with "ROB...INHOOD". What???? Then Dan went on to share with the kids some reasons why he has a testimony of tithing. He asked the kids if they could name something downstairs in our living room? Tess quickly and excitedly said 'ELVES!" What??? That one had us in tears laughing so hard. Dan was looking for the answer of the PIANO. ( We were given our piano a month after we had given up on ever buying one due to how expensive they are...a blessing from paying our tithing.)

Tess loves her stuffed doggies so, we had a "doggy" themed birthday party. I made puppy dog ears and a paw birthday cake and cupcakes. We played the M&M game, Doggy Doggy Where's Your Bone, and Pin the Bone in the Doggy's Mouth (artwork by one of my talented young women). I put Dan in charge of the pinata, which he did to perfection with the kids help. To end our party we had a treasure hunt. It was an hour and a half of sugary fun. Tess LOVED it -- mission accomplished!


We love you Tess!

6 comments:

Sonja said...

What a cute little girl. I just love her hair. Where did she get all that beautiful red hair? btw...you look great!
Happy Birthday Tess.

Beck said...

That red hair is adorable! And you look amazing as always. Hope you guys are doing good.

The Pickled Red Herring said...

SO CUTE! I'm glad you posted pictures since I couldn't make it to the party. :( My girls had a BLAST! What a cute party! Happy birthday to Tess! That girl cracks me up! And also thanks to Dan for teaching Travis to build a pinata (which is his task) - I hope the kids are not all pinata-ed out!

tylerandmommy said...

How fun! I am sad we missed it. At least you guys had a blast. And the homemade pinata turned out great!! Can't believe Tess is FOUR and that Tyler is headed that way too!! Ah!!

Anie said...

HAPPY (late) BIRTHDAY to Tess!!!! Looks like she had a fabulous day. And what a FUN party! Such great ideas! I sure miss you and your adorable kids!!!

Marianne said...

Cute cute girl. Is sure was fun to meet up with you all this spring. Happy Birthday Tess!!