Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Swim Lessons

This is Tess and her first set of swimming lessons with friends from church. My friend Krista volunteered to teach these cute 6 kids and did a great job. 
Kate, Joey, Tyler, Madi, Tess, and Owen

Jake and Tess just finished their swimming lessons at our pool here in Clarksburg. 

Tess can now: put her entire head in the water
blow bubbles under water
is closer to floating on her back all by herself
Tess is more confident in the water, making me less stressed when we go to the pool.






Jacob can now: float on his back
do different strokes and techniques (backstroke, freestyle with side breathing) 
do straight leg kicks
swim like a crazy man!
He can't get enough of the water and is learning so quickly.





Abigail loves going to the pool.

 She wants to be just like her older siblings and thinks she can swim on her own! She pintches her nose with her fingers and dips her face in. I dip her in the water completely at least once each time we go. Since she is comfortable with getting the back of her head and EARS wet I think she will be a quick learner in the next year or two.

I have loved the one on one time with Abby for the 45 minutes Jake and Tess are in swimming lessons. She spends most of that time "jumping" into the water.

2 comments:

Anie said...

LOVE that first pic of Abby!!! SO SOOOO CUTE!! That's awesome that Jake and Tess are doing so great! I always think of how much fun the pool with be once all my kids know how to swim! I'm gonna have to show Madi those pics of Tess swimming with her face in the water. Spencer's been giving Madi swim lessons (only once a week- but it's working) and she'd already doing so much better. Wish we didn't live so far and could always come swimming with guys! :)

Stacy said...

Those pictures of Abby are killing me! She is so stinkin' cute:)

I totally hear you about feeling less stressed as your kids get more and more comfortable in the water. Weston just learned how to stablize his body and keep his mouth out of the water while wearing arm bands. It's make me breathe a sigh of relief.

Will you send another blog invite to stacysundberg@gmail.com I have issues with my blogger account. It's really tricky for me to get in to your blog. I think this will solve it.