Monday, August 29, 2011

First Day of 1st Grade

Jacob's first day of 1st grade!

We missed the open house at school last week so Jake was pretty nervous this morning having not seen his teacher or classroom. Dan gave him a blessing and then we all walked him to school. Dan stayed outside with the girls while I walked him to his class. (It made me feel pretty good that he chose me to walk him in, sorry Dan:)  The school doesn't let parents in the front door on the first week of school to promote independence for the kids but since we missed the open house last week I wasn't about to let him find his own way. He is on the second floor and as we walked down the hall he squeezed my hand tighter and tighter. I helped him find his seat and met his teacher quickly. As I was leaving another child came crying into the room wanting her mommy. I looked back and winked at Jake.  It made my heart hurt to leave him! 

We will miss you today "Cub"!
Tess was pretty sad this morning! Luckily we have a busy day of sugar cookie making and a play date with her cousin C.C.  I will start homeschooling her in about a week and a half and then hopefully she won't be so sad without Jake.

2 comments:

Celeste@MomBodFitness said...

Awww...you kids seem like they get along so well! What cuties!

Nicole said...

hiya, becky-beck! thanks for the blog invite--it's been fun to catch up a little on your life. your kids are darling, and it sounds like things are going pretty well. but i can't believe you have a first grader! we're getting so old. :)