Monday, June 13, 2011

ABBY

Abigail is almost 22 months old. She is full of energy and expression. I love the stage of language development she is at right now. She is such a cute little talker, talking in sentences and repeating everything she hears. I love how she says "Mama, wanna hold you!" for me to hold her. I really do wish I could sit and hold her all day long.

She is an adorable little rascal! The house is "baby-proof" however she always manages to find a new danger! For example, Dan found her in our shower about to lick a razor! (I didn't think she could open the shower door.) She falls off of chairs and our table on a regular basis. She thinks NO means yes and FASTER! In the 30 seconds it took me to take the clean laundry from the dryer into my bedroom she managed to do this....

Her hair is finally long enough to pull back into a spout, I love it!

At church on Sunday the closing song in sacrament meeting was I Am a Child of God. Abby was so funny to watch. She was standing on the bench, grinning from ear to ear and giggling in between singing. She got so excited. I noticed that she had several people's attention, including the Bishop. Then came nursery. Abby is struggling with nursery still. Dan and I are not quite sure how to handle the situation. There have been several changes in leadership on top of several cry-ers who continually set each other off (Abby being one of them). I don't want her to be in there crying for more than 5-10 minutes for her sake and the leaders.

Somehow Abby knows when it is time for Daddy to come home. She stands at the back window calling for him around 530 each day.

Being her mom is so rewarding. It is fun to watch her discover new things and overcome her fears. She is always happy to see me when she wakes up and quickly asks about her brother, sister, and daddy. Are they "sweeping", "where Dada go"? She is very affectionate. She loves to give hugs and kisses, or see mommy and daddy kiss!:) She is a joy to be with.


1 comment:

Amy McArthur said...

Our Abbys would be such good friends! And Ainsley too for that matter. I LOVE the picture of her in the dryer. CLASSIC.