Wednesday, June 22, 2011

"Tater"-Time!

Steve and Stephanie adopted a little boy, Tate James, about 5 weeks ago. Ever since I got the text from Steve about his birth I have been so excited for them and anxious to get out to Utah! After looking at ticket prices I had resigned to not being able to go. Then, about a week and a half ago Dan came home and handed me my itinerary. Surprise, I was going!

Dan had to be in Oregon for training but made it home in time for me to fly out on Thursday, June 16. Dan got home from Reagan Airport at 10 a.m., we picked up Jake from his last day of school at noon, and I flew out of Reagan at 3 p.m.

I told my sister Aimee I was coming and told her she could tell everyone but Mom. Mom's reaction as I walked into the room behind Aimee was priceless! I think it took her a good 10 minutes to settle down to the idea that it was me. It was great!

So, first thing Friday morning Aimee and I headed down to Steve and Stephanie's house. Tate is absolutely precious. But even better than seeing this sweet little baby was seeing Steve and Stephanie with him! Words just can't describe it!

Tate is one very loved and KISSED baby!

I spent the afternoon with Emily and her kids at the pool.



It was Owen's 1st birthday so we all met up at Em and Ben's that evening.
More time spent adoring "Tater-tot"!


Saturday morning Mom hosted a baby-shower for Steve and Steph with all our extended family invited. We had a yummy brunch and then gathered around to hear Steve and Steph tell the birth story, adoption process, of Tate. As I looked around the room everyone was either grinning from ear to ear or crying. It is such an amazing story. It is so evident that the Lord truly was apart of every little detail.

My Family

Mom with her 23rd grandbaby!

It wouldn't be a true Breinholt celebration without a treasure hunt to end. Aimee and I had a lot of fun coming up with a nursery rhyme themed treasure hunt. They had to read the marked nursery rhyme and then figure out where their present was stashed. We ended the hunt with Jack and Jill "ran" up the hill.... the gift was money for a jogging stroller. (They will be buying a double stroller, hoping to get a sibling for Tate soon.)

I spent the rest of Saturday and Sunday with the family and enjoying Tate.

Dan had a blast with the kids! They spent every waking hour playing. They went camping in the rain and woke up to a thunderstorm, they had a hands-on anatomy lesson about frogs from Aunt Bonnie, they ate lots of ice cream, and spent a day at the Zoo and National Cathedral. The Bishop gave Dan permission to sit in the congregation with the kids on Sunday and then a family invited them to dinner Sunday night. They stayed very busy! The kids loved every minute with their Daddy. If it weren't for all the BYU Bookstore candy I brought back for them I think they would have put me back on the plane! I can't wait for more "Tater"-time. in six month I get to go back for his blessing and family sealing!

1 comment:

The Dragonfly said...

Now I'm grinning from ear to ear and crying. We are so happy for them. Truly.