Thursday, June 9, 2011

SWEETS

She is the cheerleader of the family. By that I mean she is everyone's biggest fan. Even though Jake and Abby often require more attention, Tess just happily goes with the flow. She is a cute freckled face red head! She still runs to her daddy when he gets home from work. She loves to get her back rubbed, eat strawberries, and playing/watch/draw anything to do with dogs.

Gymnastics with Cole
A couple weeks ago Tess was invited to go spend an hour doing gymnastics with one of her friends from her primary class. Cole's parents were surprised that when given the choice to choose any friend to go to class with him he chose Tess (they were expecting one of his boy friends). I think that says a lot about Tess and her friendly, kind personality. She had a blast. I was impressed with how she just did what the other kids did, without hesitation! That balance beam is HIGH, I remember cartwheeling and rolling right off it back in the day! We have decided that this Fall we will be putting Tess in gymnastics.

Tess is the first one walking across the beam in the white shirt and blue pants.
End of "Mommy" Preschool
For our last "Mommy" preschool day we had a pool party. She loved being in this little pool! I really enjoyed teaching and interacting with these cute kids and their fun moms! Tess is also done with Damascus Community Preschool for the Summer.

Tess could color all day long. Well, she does need a few breaks...

Tess puts a smile on everyone's face...(wish you could see Dan's face in this picture better!)

Tess and Abby
Tess is so good to Abby. A recent example of this: As I was in another room I listened to a sweet motherly exchange from Tess to Abby. Jake was wearing his patch and playing on the computer. A loud vroom and honking came from the computer. Abby, being her dramatic self, started to whimper. Tess's soft, high pitched voice calls out to Abby "It's okay Abby, come here Abby, it's okay! JAKE, Abby is scared of that noise!"

Sometimes Tess joins me when I rock Abby and sing to her at bedtime. Abby will put a finger over my lips and tells me to shhhh, she wants to hear only Tess's voice!

Most of the pictures I have taken of Tess and Abby, Tess is holding her hand in a loving or helping way. However, when the Branham blood in her gets the best of her, she squeezes with a bit too much force.

One of my nick-names for Tess is SWEETS!
The other day I asked her what she wanted for lunch. She replied "You decided Momma, because you're wonderful!" She is a sweetie!


She is always saying I Love You!
She is my little angel. Here is just one, out of many, examples I could give: It happened at the end of one particularly long Sunday. Dan had been gone all day fulfilling his calling, it was about bed time and the kids were tired of dealing with me. Jake needed another time out. After making sure he was in his room I turned at the top of the stairs and slipped. I fell down the stairs and decided to recoup at the bottom. With my head on my knees Tess came over, put her hand on my shoulder and softly told me "Mommy, I sure do love you!" She softens my heart at just the right times. Her ability to spread peace and love is truly a gift from a loving Father in Heaven!

2 comments:

Amy McArthur said...

That almost made me cry. You're killing me with these posts about your great kids.

Mamafamilias said...

And does she grit her teeth when the Branham blood kicks it up a notch?

Cutie pie.