Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Tess

Our sweet Tess has lost another tooth. Although the way it all happened was so true to how Tess's luck has been recently.

The day before her very wiggly tooth came out Tess was out back riding her bike. We were given the OKAY by her doctor to ride her bike because it still has training wheels on, which is suppose to make it hard for her to wreck. Well, the bike tipped and she went crashing down on her bad leg. Her cry was one that seriously alerted me! I spent the next 24 hours praying she hadn't broken it again. She wouldn't put any weight on it and the doctor told us to come in for an x-ray. So, skip ahead to a couple hours before we head into the doctor's office that next day. During lunch Tess took a bite of her sandwich and began to cry.  She twisted the two front, very wiggly, teeth causing them to bleed but still remain in her mouth. She kinda freaked out. Okay she totally freaked out and vomited. She spent the next 30 minutes slurping he spit and afraid to even close her mouth.

I finally convinced her to let me touch one of the wiggly teeth with a cold washcloth. It fell right out!!! 


We headed to the doctors office where my prayers were answered! No broken bones. She bruised her weak bone badly. The doctor told me to baby her, carry her, because it really was painful. This bruise set back her recovery a bit but she'll be fine!!!




So, the other front tooth was still so lose, and crooked! It looks like it is half-way out and hangs lower then her other teeth. Tess is very self-conscious of her new smile. I tried several times to pull it myself but couldn't. Luckily we had a dentist appointment for Jake and Tess scheduled just 2 days away so I figured the dentist could take care of it.

The dentist put some topical on it and twisted a bit but Tess cried so she stopped. The dentist explained that the tissue is tougher at that tooth so it is hanging in there...literally! She instructed Tess to wiggle/twist in on her own and it would be out in about a week.  (I have to add that Jake and Tess ACED their cleanings with NO cavities! I'm one proud and thankful Mama!)


So here is her cute smile! 


I have to say I think it is so cute and I love how it makes her talk and read during school time! She is just adorable, even with a "snagel" tooth!

1 comment:

The Pickled Red Herring said...

Poor Tess - what a traumatic time she's had! And they told you to carry her??? While pregnant? Whew! Kate's tooth looked exactly the same - all snaggle-toothed to the side! It was perfect because this week at school is spirit week, and Tuesday was "mis-match day" - so I told her even her front teeth were mis-matched! It was like that for all of three days until the second one came out (both of them with a little help from Dad!) Tess looks so darling with her little missing teeth!