Monday, August 27, 2012

Abigail Turned Three

I really want to remember just how much fun Abigail is these days. She is so full of personality and spunk. She is entertaining and exhausting. Here are some reasons why:


* She is always talking or singing. (If it is ever quiet she is into something she shouldn't be!) She is quick to pick up new songs and has natural rhythm! I love to dance with her in the kitchen. I would love to put her in a dance class. Hopefully soon.

* She has a great imagination. I enjoy sitting down and playing with her when I can. She loves to play Barbie's or "dog owner". This imagination of her has kept her up at night. She has come in to me at night to tell me about the "white flies" in her room that she is scared of. Recently she has made a habit out of sleeping on the floor in our room. 


* She doesn't nap anymore. When we made our last trip to SC we were so busy that she didn't get one nap the entire week and a half and went to bed late every night. Ever since then she won't nap for me. I am still trying.

* She is very precocious and says the cutest things, for example: 
1. The kids were arguing and Abbiy says, "I can't take this anymore!" Her tone was spot on.
2. It was President Monson's birthday. I told Abby that and her response cracked me up! She replied, " Ah, They grow up so fast" headed tilt and all.
3. Abby in the car: "Im thinking of a number between 1 and 6...." Dan and I gave our guesses and then asked her what it was, she replied "a pink elephant!"

* People adore her instantly. I love hearing people comment on how cute she is when we are out shopping. Her Grandma Great loved spending time with her when we were in SC. Grandma Great enjoyed swinging with her and being entertained by her spunky personality.


Abby adores her Uncle Herald. I wish we lived closer to Blythewood, SC, so she could spend more time with him riding his tractor and dancing to his guitar play'n!


* I ask her to put her clothes on several times a day. Over this past Summer I usually just let her run around in her undies but now I am trying to correct this clothes-less habit of hers! Her pants are usually off or on backwards.


* Abigail no longer uses a pacifier! It is something that should have happened long ago but pregnancy and a new baby bumped her deadline back to her 3rd birthday. Abby is one stubborn little girl so I wondered how on earth I would actually get her to do it without to much drama!  I got the idea to go to Build-a-Bear from a friend and thought it would work great for Abby. So while we were in South Carolina we made a big dsaid good bye to her passy (She stuffed one passy in the kitty cat she picked out and lovingly named Samantha). 




Her birthday: Abby woke up before I did so I sent her back into her room and quickly got her requested breakfast, Lucky Charms and OJ. Abby's face was so cute as we all came in singing happy birthday. I could tell she felt special having all the attention on her!



She asked for a pony cake. I did my best in the little time that I had:



We love you Goose!

1 comment:

Anie said...

YAY for Build a Bear!!! Elle was excited to see these pictures! She's excited that Abby has a kitty like hers! Elle's recently entered a very hard stage for me. I have a feeling it's due to being a middle kid. Abby such a cutie! Loved the birthday recap. And that pony cake is AWESOME! Good work! I would never attempt something like that!