Monday, August 27, 2012

First Day 2012...

This is Tess's very first day of public school, FIRST GRADE! Last Friday she was pretty nervous as she met her teacher and saw her classroom at the open house. However, today she was super excited and did great! I was on the verge of tears all day long.  I missed her and worry about everyone treating her kindly. I'm so grateful to have had one extra year at home with her. 


Jake was an old pro at the whole school thing today! Excited and confident. At the open house we walked through the school, Jake as our guide, showing Tess the closest bathroom, gym, art room, music room, ect. I loved how protective and caring he was with Tess. He is a good big brother. I think he will really like his teacher this year.


Dan's says "30 Years Left of Work!"

Jake and Tess wanted Dan to walk them to school. We met up with the Warner family and Dan and Bonnie walked the kids to their classrooms.  Benjamin and Tess are in the same class this year (upon my request). I think having her cousin in her class will help Tess adjust quicker. I think Benny is pretty happy about it too.

It is going to be a great year.

2 comments:

Amy McArthur said...

I totally need to take a picture of Cody with a sign like that.

Anie said...

Nice sign Dan!! :) Cute pics!! Miss you ALL!!!!!